Hello welcome to my blog. My name is John Dekkers I am a baseball fanatic in the sports enthusiast in general. As they used to say. I don’t always play baseball but when I do I talk about business.
I guess it’s a good game as any to talk to good friend and business associates. I was never much of a golfer so this was a sport that I chose to play.
Life is short so I decided to blog about anything and everything, but particularly about baseball and my business activities. I was able to retire at a very early age and because of my business acumen I can possibly help you with some wisdom to do the same.
So with that said follow me along and let’s begin with a few items I learned from the game.
I have placed together 10 business lessons you can learn from baseball:
1) Hiring: Team flexibility is critical
2) Leadership: Observe, measure, and analyze your talent
3) Customers: Your product and its value to your customers should be driving forces behind your decisions.
4) Strategy: You can’t stay static
5) Decision-making: Decisions within an organization are never independent of one another
6)Decision-making: “Passivity guarantees failure”
7) Management: A “More With Less” attitude won’t help you win
8) Leadership: A leader must foster a culture of sharing valuable information
9) Management: Understand how to best utilize each of your team members and their talents.
10) Success: You have to plan how you can win today AND tomorrow
All of this wisdom from just a game! But that is what it is folks. Business is really just a game, isn’t it so? When you can play with a firm strategy you certainly come ahead of the play and elevate you game.
Now, where did I put my gloves?